Securing employment easily in Nigeria now is near impossible due to an abysmal lack of opportunities in the country, leaving many youths roaming the streets without any means of livelihood. Many more eligible graduates keep coming out of the varied higher institutions of learning. While it may be easy for some to get jobs, the majority find task to be a very difficult one.
People who are not self-employed or do not possess any kind of skill suffer unemployment the most. Nevertheless, you can carve a niche for yourself by starting up a business, you can start without any capital or sponsor.
Here are tips on how you can start a business without capital;
1. Identify Your Skills and Interests: Start by identifying your skills and talents. Consider starting a business based on your hobbies or things you enjoy doing. For example, If you like cooking …you can start by cooking for people in return for money. They could pay you to supply them food bowels weekly or monthly. You don’t need any capital to do this, all you need is to sell yourself.
2. Start Small: You can introduce your products or services to your family members, friends, and neighbors. You can also consider offering your services for free or at a reduced rate build your portfolio and gain experience.
3. Consider a service business: if you do not have particularly strong set of skills, either innate or acquired, think of what to do with your time. Very busy people often pay a fee for someone else to do tasks they don’t want or don’t have time to do. That includes jobs like: House keeping, baby sitting, personal shopping, car washing, and cooking.
4. Use Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool for promoting your business. Use platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, and Twitter to showcase your products or services.
5. Try Drop shipping: This is a popular business model for entrepreneurs looking to start a small business with no money. All you have to do is get a supplier of whatever you want to sell, mark up the price and market the products, When an order is made, you notify your supplier to pack, and ship the order to your customer. You can also get pictures of the products and open an account with any ecommerce platform like Naijaspider.com. This will enable you get more buyers faster.
Starting a business with no capital can be challenging, but it is not an impossible journey.. You can start today.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and get the latest Nigeria News and gists directly on your phone.